Saturday, January 7, 2012

2 month stats



I am in love with our little Emma. Yesterday we went to the doctor for her 2 month checkup, and I completely forgot that she was getting shots too...so I didn't get a chance to prepare emotionally for that.


My heart ached seeing my baby cry out in pain from the shots. All I wanted to do was take her in my arms and help her feel better. I wished in that moment that I could endure the pain in her place so she wouldn't have to suffer...I would've done anything the doctor would've asked me to do, if only it would take her pains away. That's the first time I have actually felt like a mother... It was a painful, yet very spiritual moment for me. I felt so connected with Emma, like I could feel what she was feeling. It was an amazing feeling, and for the first time since she was born I truly felt like she was mine. I won't ever forget how I felt in that moment. My love for Emma, and my desire to raise her up in righteousness increased so much. Oh how i love MY Emma girl.


Anyway, here are her stats, and her cute little habits during her 2nd month of life:


Weight: 10 lbs 2 oz 50th percentile

Length: 22 inches 50th percentile


*Emma can actually say "I love you"! It is the cutest thing ever! I've been trying to get it recorded to post on here, and once I get a good recording of her I will get it up. Jamison and I melt every time she says it... SO CUTE.



*From day 1 of life Emma's been a smiley, happy baby...but now she talks her little baby talk and smiles ALL the time at us.



*Since week 5 1/2 she'll go to bed between 11:30 and midnight and sleep until 7 or 8, on occasion she slept til 9!



*She LOVES her swing and can sit there for hours if I let her. She literally forgets she's hungry when she's in her swing.



*People are still impressed at how well she can hold her head up! That's something she's also been able to do since day one without much help from us.


*When she wakes up from her naps now she'll just lay there and start talking. She'll only cry if I leave her there long enough, but it is Oh. So. Cute. to just stand next to the door and hear her talk and talk to herself. I love it!


*She still HAS to cover her face when she sleeps. That's also been something she's done from day 1. I'll lay her down to sleep and walk away, then come back later and she's pulled the blanket over her face. If there's no blanket, she compromises; she's pulled headbands, her hands, little hats, burp cloths, ANYTHING over her face. It's the cutest thing...but don't worry, we keep an eye on her to make sure she's breathing ok. Here are some examples:


Covering her face with her hand



This one's a bit blurry, but I had to post it. She pulled her headband down twice.






I love my sweet Emma baby. And I am so grateful to have her our life, and in our little family. Happy 2 months baby! I can't wait to see how you progress and how much you learn in the days and months to come. My life is SO much better, now that I have you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment