Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday...well err...Wednesday!

Before starting off with my list of top tens for today...which I will try and keep up on every week...but usually on Tuesdays (bad start, I know)...I want to point out in my defense of not having many pictures on here I usually only find time to update the blog when I'm at work. Because of this I never have my pictures, since they're on the computer at
home. :( But I'm trying to be better and remember to add them onto a disc, or do my blogging later on in the day. With so much going on right now, it gets complicated but I will try a little harder.
Now.......onto the top ten:

1. We are SLOWLY organizing our apartment, and getting things in place. The apt. is a very small, one bedroom space, but right now seeing as we are both at work everyday and he has school, (we are only really there to sleep at night and then get up the next morning and get going) the space is just fine. Because it's a rather small space, there is not a place for everything [which drives me CrAzY! but I won't get into that]. With no oven/stove and little wiggle room, we are currently mostly "living" at my parents house....which I'm grateful for. I'm hoping that we can find a nice house soon, especially when right now is a good time to buy, and for once in my life have a place for everything and everything in it's place. That will be nice!
Organization...a beautiful thing!

2. Starting today I will be using a planner. I hated planners in high school, even if I wasn't using it for "school" simply because it made me feel like my life was on a schedule - and I didn't like the thought of that at all! I wanted to run my life the way I wanted to and have fun and adventures along the way. Now a days, I find myself righting my to-do lists on scrappieces of paper and then losing them everywhere, which leads me to making MORE notes on paper, and it's just getting out of hand. I am giving in - I NEED a planner to schedule out my life. And I'm totally okay with that.

3. Because Jamison and I have no stove/oven in our cozy and snug apartment...we have been challenged to come up with creative dishes. Yeah. Mmmhmm...cause I can come up with that type of thing. I'm struggling to say the least, and we often dine at my parents. Sad I know...but my new goal is to seek and FIND great and easy crockpot recipes. We have a wok, griddle, skillet, and crockpot. Any and all recipe/ideas are MORE than welcome!! I'm going to start making a schedule each week of the meals we will have the following week and go grocery shopping each Saturday for the ingredients necessary. But step one is obviously...find quick, easy, and yummy recipes! HELP!

4. I have made a resolution to USE my curling iron. I have NEVER in my life curled my hair, and am quite scared to do so, but there's something in the air today that's putting a drive in me to try new things, and experience the unknown (I know...I'm a bit of a dramatic). Tomorrow shall be the first attempt, seeing as it's my day off, so if it turns out a horrible wreck I won't have to go and see anyone with my hair messed up! And I can take my time, without my wonderful husband laughing, teasing, or even cheering me on. Yikes! I'm a little nervous. Wish me luck!


5. Got a new phone. Mine was tattered, seriously. But it was my fault, I dropped that thing like you wouldn't believe. It had a mind of its own, and when it wanted to vibrate, it did a different dance each time so I couldn't ever keep a good grip on it to save it from falling. It was a MESS. So, last week I went in with my dad and got a new slide phone type deal with a keyboard and all, and it is WEIRD! I really don't like change, and this is one I really need to get used to. I honestly could not ever have a touch screen phone, everything is too high tech for me and I really would rather stay with something simple that works. I like the phone so far, and hopefully I can learn all the little tricks to this one soon...crossing fingers!


6. I really need to catch up on my journaling...every time I sit down to do it, something takes precedence and I find myself putting it off. Good thing I have the blog to help out in that way. I seriously am SO good at keeping papers, handouts, flyers, etc. and then want to journalize them. My journal looks a lot like this right now:


7. What number am I on??? Oh yeah! --okay seriously! My mind has been ALL over the place with SO much to do. I still haven't even started changing my name yet, nor have I even mailed in the forms for our official marriage license yet. Yeah, I've gotta get on that. We've got pictures to hang on our walls, things to unpack, Primary to teach, work to go to, and lives to live. It gets complicated, and with SO much to do..............I can't help feeling like my brain has wandered. I don't blame it. But really, just in case it's reading this:
"Dear Brain, I need you...please come back! Thanks!"


8. I love my job! I couldn't have asked for a better one at this point in my life, with the exception of one in the field I'm going into. I currently work at Kayenta Therapy Center. We have two buildings just up the sidewalk from each other. I work with a great deal of my relatives...Roberta Vande Voort, and Cherrie Fernelius. Tiffany also fills in on occasion when we need her. It's really the best. I do reception work, and when all the work is done I am free to do homework, catch up on the blog, and do "my" thing and STILL get paid for it! It's such a blessing and I will always be grateful for it.



9. I L.O.V.E. Family dinners. More than ever now that we're all off doing our own thing. Can't wait til Sundays come around, even moreso when we have dinner with Grandpa and Cherrie. I can't get enough of it! Can't wait until Thanksgiving either!!! Yummmm.


10. And the final thought for the day: LOVE him....and fall more and more in love with him every day. I'm so blessed!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment